30.6.08

Sofia Coppola

I just spent a good few months studying Sofia Coppola and her three main films for an A Level exam I recently did, so I thought I would share my favourite stills that I took. Even after all this time I'm still undecided about her... Obviously the visuals are amazing, but how much of this is down to her? Because of her father she was able to hire costume/set designers like the Oscar winning Milena Canonero (A Clockwork Orange) for Marie Antoinette, obviously the most visually rich of the three.

The Virgin Suicides, 1999 (my favourite)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Lost In Translation, 2003
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Marie Antoinette, 2006
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

CULTURE CREATORS said...

Im a huge Sofia fan:) her work is incredible and so completely inspiring...I actually created a jewelry line based off of Virgin Suicides.

Love your header pic! haha:)


xCC

Disneyrollergirl.net said...

I can't believe I still haven't seen The Virgin Suicides...tut tut! Did you spot the stray Converse shoe in Marie Antoinette? Loved that touch, and the soundtrack. The film itself I was nonplussed about. But I do still *heart* Sofia...
Nice blog by the way :)